I always find it hard to be proud of who I am. I guess this is because I sometimes feel like I’m disappointing my parents or get a jealous of one of my friends. If you’re reading this and thinking thats never happened to you… Well you’re lying, because I bet you that once in your life you felt disappointed in yourself or wished you could be somebody else.
For me I sometimes looked at what my friends had and would say wow I wish I could sing like that or get all A’s like her. But I was still happy for my friend but just wish I could be like that or do that myself. I mean I guess I can’t help it, sometimes I just feel like I’m not good enough I guess. Despite all this I am a very motivated and inspired girl. I have inspiration posters and morning routines stuck on my bedroom walls. My Pinterest is filled with inspiration quotes and well I always stay positive. But I’m still a normal teenage girl. I still get jealous, I get mad, sad, angry, anxious and tired. I get tired of trying to be a better person, I get tired of always being positive, I get tired of listening to what other think of me and I get tired of always trying to make my parents proud.
So honestly I need this post more than you..
- Think about what you want. Really just think about it. What is it you want to achieve in your life, what do you want to be remembered for when you die? What will make you happy? What job will make you proud of yourself? What is it that you expect of yourself.
- Write down YOUR goals. Don’t write down your parents goals for you or anyone else’s but yourself’s. Write your goals cross them off as you go along. They can be big or small goals it doesn’t matter as long as they’re achievable.
- Keep your appearance up. Being happy about the way you look makes you feel much happier about yourself. But remember don’t ever expect to look like a model but make achievable goals and start doing them. If you’re not happy with your weight then start planning a workout routine that doesn’t put too much pressure on you. Have a balanced fitness plan and start doing things to make yourself feel better about your appearance. Despite this it’s the inside that counts.
- Do things that impress you. Instead of looking at other people achieving and doing great things try giving them a go yourself. If you think skateboarding or playing hockey’s cool then give it a go. The worst that could happen is that you decide it not for you and move on onto something else.
- Stop caring what other think about you. Honestly I find this the hardest of them all. If you truely want to be proud of yourself you need to know the only opinion that matters is your own. So if your friends or family want you to be a doctor but you want to be a model. Choose what makes you happy and what you will look back on and be proud of yourself. Ignore what the haters say and as long as you’re happy with your decision or choice, know you made the right one.